Etude Double Lasting Foundation Review

by - January 21, 2018

This is one of the most raved foundations in the K-Beauty world. People have been comparing this foundation to the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Foundation. I haven't tried the Double Wear Foundation, so I can't say much about that. I tested this foundation in the harsh winter weather for a week! I did not powder the foundation and used the primer  Here's my in-depth review.


This product claims to be a lightweight,  perfect coverage and a long-lasting foundation. Let's see if it lives up to the name

Packaging+

It comes in an adorable rectangular box that has both Korean and English direction which is always a plus. The top tab of the box tells you the shade the product is in.  If you're wondering, I got the shade tan which is suppose to be similar to shade 23 because I know Korean foundation runs light. I'm absolutely horrific at shade matching myself and the product is an online exclusive of Etude House which doesn't help my case. I managed to somewhat match my shade right. Me and my fellow Asian friend who is a similar skin tone like to joke around and say we're Asian tan. I guess we were right because in Korean Foundation I'm in the shade than when I hella light compared to an actual tan complexion.
The foundation comes in a frosted weighted bottle with a pump. Yes, a pump! In the front, it tells you the standard foundation name and all and in the back, it tells you the shade.



Shade Ranges/Swatch
In this foundation line, there are as you can see 8 shades available. It's best you go by shades swatches instead of the foundation name as the foundation name. Ex. Tan is not a real tan shade.


Where to Buy (May receive a small commission)
YESSTYLE: $21.07
STYLEKOREAN $20.19

Details/Thoughts: Raved for good reason


The foundation gives a semi-matte finish. The foundation is a bit drying on my skin. It is a matte foundation and I do have dry skin.  If you have dry skin like myself, you can moisturize your skin or use a hydrating primer. The foundation will work for those who have oily or combination skin type.

The coverage is medium to high. It covers my redness with one layer with my hyper-pigmentation peaking through. You can always build up the foundation if you want that full-full coverage. It's easy to blend with a brush or a sponge. The foundation doesn't look cakey yet at the same time, it doesn't look natural on the skin. It does oxidize throughout the day which is annoying. The product has a floral scent which can be overwhelming.

It's lightweight on the skin like the foundation claims to be. The texture of the product is liquidly. The foundation is long lasting and will last a night out with friends or school. It will get a bit shiny throughout the day and you will need to blot it though.  I did notice it does break down a little after like 9 hours or when I get oily. I do recommend using a powder, a decent primer that is meant to keep your makeup in place (mine was for blurring)  and use a setting spray.


I WOULD NOT buy this foundation again because it's not best suited for my skin type.  If you have oily/combination skin I think this is a wonderful foundation for you. I can see why there's a lot of hype around it. It does lives up to its claims for the most part.

This foundation would be wonderful in a humid climate or in summer.  This foundation would work wonderfully for those with oily skin or combo. skin types.If you have dry skin like myself and want to try this out then make sure you use a hydrating primer and moisturize your skin.

 If I was to rate this product, I would give it a 3/5. I would wear this foundation again if it's only for a short period of time if I want that coverage since it does dry out my skin. I wish they did extend the shade range and for it to be in stores. I find it incredibly mind-blowing that a store will make a foundation online exclusive since you need to shade match and you run the risk of getting the wrong shade and returning it.

Contact Info/Social Media 
Business Inquires Emal: periwinkleastral@gmail.com
Instagram: @thefallenwaddles
Facebook: WistfulxBeauty
Google Plus: ObviouslyHuman

You May Also Like

0 comments