$137 SERUM? Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum Review

by - October 29, 2017


The serum I'll be reviewing is the Chanel Hydrate Beauty Serum. This serum was quite expensive, to be honest. It was $135 for 1.7 fluid ounces. Let's be honest anything branded with the Chanel logo is going to cost a pretty penny. It does not mean that the product is guaranteed to be wonderful. I'm not saying this to be negative towards the brand, but I know some people have this mindset where anything luxurious and expensive is automatically good. In fact, my mom is one of those people which is why I have access to this serum. Also, I've tried some of Chanel expensive skincare product and well... they weren't what I hoped they would be, more on that later.

Claims 
The Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum is a fresh and smoothing serum that is ideal for all skin types. It moisturizes,comforts,protects and boosts overall radiance.

Ingredients 

Water, Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium PCA, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Camellia Japonica Flower Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Olus (Vegetable Oil), Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Parfum, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Acrylates C/10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, PEG-12, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Hyaluronic Acid, Silanetriol, Silica, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Biotin

Details
The serum costs $135 for 17 fl.oz which breaks down to about $2.70 per milliliter (ml). It has this floral scent to this product and I notice that a lot of Chanel or if not all there product has a fragrance. I'm not really fond of this particular scent because I found it a bit overwhelming.  The product is clear and is lightweight.



Thoughts: 
This product is lightweight and is hydrating. I will like to say that this will not give me the hydration I need for the winter, and the hydration level for me at least was meh. It wasn't a holy grail items and just reminds me of their previous items that I've tried that failed to impress me like the Mousse Confort rinse-off foaming cream cleanser which gave me that pore-tightening feeling which is an indicator that this product is quite drying on my skin and the Le Blanc brightening tri-phase makeup remover which wasn't the best at removing my makeup. If you are sensitive to fragrance then don't get this. Look somewhere else. You will most likely find a better serum than this at a better price point.

This would work for people who have normal to oily skin or anyone who just needs a bit of moisture.
However, if your skin is dry or sensitive don't get this. It won't do much in term of hydration and it could end up irritating your skin. This serum overall is best suited for the summer time rather than the winter.  You will need something more moisturizing.


Contact Info/Social Media 
Business Inquires Emal: periwinkleastral@gmail.com
Instagram: @thefallenwaddles
Facebook: WistfulxBeauty
Google Plus: ObviouslyHuman1

You May Also Like

0 comments