Skin Food 101: Aloe Vera

by - August 11, 2017

Hello! How is everyone this fine evening? I'm munching down on some Spicy Cheetos. For a while, I thought it would be interesting to do a couple blog post centering around food (YUM) and the benefits they have on our skin.  It's going to be called Skin Food 101 and if you couldn't tell the first food I'll be talking about is Aloe Vera!


What is an Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a plant that grows in tropical climates around the world. You can usually find it as an ingredient in drinks or yogurts. I have an Aloe Vera plant and I probably will be killing it after this for the gel...There are several benefits that you get from Aloe Vera, but I'm just going to focus on the skin benefits...

 Essential for Summer
 If you weren't aware, Aloe Vera helps with sunburn! Sunburn occurs when you had too much exposure to the sunlight which could be prevented by wearing sunscreen. It makes your skin irritated, red and burn.
Aloe Vera soothes and moisturize the sunburned skin allowing it to be less inflamed and helps it heal. Here a bonus, it's rich in antioxidants and minerals to help the skin heal faster which is great cause I'm assuming you don't want to be a red tomato for the rest of the week right?

Moisturizes Te Desert Skin
If you're suffering from dry skin, you'll like to learn that Aloe Vera moisturizes the skin. *I said this already, but besides the point.* It will soften your skin and won't clog your pore in the process. You gotta appreciate that. If you're someone who happens to shave on a daily basis and nick yourself a lot Aloe Vera gel can be an aftershave treatment to help the nick and razor burns heal. I will be sure to tell this to my older brother who really needs to shave off his goatee.....

OOF I'm getting Old. Aloe Help Me
Aging is something we dread. Yes, we all have to grow up at one point, there no denying that. But when you think that in about 10 years from now, you'll have wrinkles the appeal of growing up just dull down at least for me. I was happily surprised that aloe vera gel can help with aging. Aloe leaves contain a heck of a lot of antioxidants. This will include vitamin C and E and beta-carotene which will help your skin's firmness.

Dang Pimples on Picture Day (TE STRUGGLE)
If you're a fellow teen or just an adult who knows the struggle of acne than you're in luck. Aloe Vera gel can help with it! Aloe vera gel has anti-inflammatory properties helping you with redness and healing attributes helping acne heal with a lessened chance of scarring. The credit due for these amazing properties are the two hormones Aloe Vera naturally product which is Auxin and Gibberellins.

I hope this was helpful and I'll be sure to do more in the future if this does well!

Contact Info/Social Media
Business Inquires Emal: periwinkleastral@gmail.com
Instagram: @thefallenwaddles
Facebook: WistfulxBeauty
Google Plus: ObviouslyHuman
MEMEBOX : WistFulBeauty


You May Also Like

0 comments