Brutally Honest Advice For Freshman Going To High School

by - August 13, 2017

Hello! I decided to do another school related post cause I'm here freaking out about taking an exam in a few days even though technically school starts next month. Oh, I'm going to be salty in this post... I think that is the term, but I probably will be extremely sarcastic.

Walking into freshman year I was petrified. I was honestly expecting the worst. Fights, drugs, a whole lot of indecency that can be called "youth"! No one really told me what to expect. The only advice my brother who was a senior was I think not to get into fights or something. I forgot...

I'll give you a list of tips based on my high school experience. I really do hope this helps.



Do Not Focus On Losing Your First Time 

I really wish I didn't have to type this out, but I think it needed to be said. I have met a fellow freshman who had a goal of losing their first time either by the end of freshman year or end of high school. At least pass biology or health first.... There was a girl in my school who wanted desperately lose her first time. She asked an older guy in our school to make out. He rejected the offer but got swoon in. Long story short, her nudes were spread around and the guy was either expelled or in jail.  Also, does it matter if I say they didn't actually use protection...Just saying.

Surround yourselves with good nature people. 
They can give you the most honest and helpful advice you can get. The girl that I mention had pretty nice friends. They told her it was a bad idea and tried to stop her. Words only get you so far though. She did it anyways and since that incident they have't been on each other good side. One of her friends even asked the guy not to spread it and delete it. In the end, their friendship got broken. I might be a bit bias considering I am friends with the ones who gave her the advice, but I really know that they cared for her to actually try to help her. They didn't fake it trying to help her if you might think that, since I bare witness to their long discuss which really should have been done in private...

Don't send your nudes. 
Please don't. It's a bad idea. Your nudes will either be spread around to the whole schools and you now have rumors about you spreading. Or your ex might have your nudes hanging about in his photos which is quite dangerous.

Friendship Aren't Forever 
When you start high school, you will probably have over a billion friends. Let me tell you this, by the end of your senior year you will probably only have 3 that you will still talk to. It's life and not every friendship last forever. Just live in the moment with your friends that my honest advice.


Dating a senior isn't the best idea.
If you made it work, great for you. No offense to senior, but they're usually either fooling around with you or in it for sex. Freshman after all the naivest of the bunch if I have to say.  I know someone who dated a senior and the boyfriend got called pedophile. In the end her heart was tragically broken...

Be active in clubs
I wouldn't say I did this at all, but I did join an academic contest if that counts. If your school does not tell you all the clubs that it features like mine did ask. Clubs is not only great for college, you do meet a lot of great people.

Get close to teachers
When you get close to teachers, things can go your way. If you're ditching one subject cause you don't feel well, head over to Mr.Glob class and claim to help out. It really does depend on what type of teacher this is cause it doesn't always work. In my case, I was able to change my schedule even further and get Ap Psychology which wasn't accessible for people in my age because I actually knew the person in charge of that.

Take advantage of your free period
I'm not sure if all high schools have these free period classes that students get. I think people basically call them study hall? If your high school happens to have those classes, don't waste time playing game on the computer. It not the best use of your time. If you know you have an exam coming up, or didn't do your homework you should focus on those first.

Be yourself
You really shouldn't change your personality for someone else. It doesn't matter if they happen to be your boyfriend or friend. There really shouldn't be any circumstance where you need to change the way you act. Just be yourself and original. The more you force yourself to go with the other person flow the more miserable you'll be.

Upperclassman Won't Harm You 
When I went to high school, the people who were consider seniors were my brother age. Honestly, I had people his age who were jokingly scared of me. That was an interesting thing to say. The upperclassman won't hurt you unless you annoy them. I see a lot of freshman who I  wasn't acquainted with go run around screaming for NO REASON AT ALL! It's annoying and someone might curse you out to stop.

Some of these were way depressing to type out. Freshman year can either be a positive or negative experience depending on your attitude. Remain positive and try your best.   You got 4 years of high-school. They will go by in a breeze..


You May Also Like

0 comments